Ricotta and Herb Puffs
- 8 ounces puff pastry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup minced oregano
- 1/4 cup minced basil
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- Combine all ingredients for the filling.
- Roll out pastry and cut into 3-inch circles. Place a heaping teaspoon of filling on half of circle. Moisten the edges with a pastry brush dipped in water. Fold over the other half of pastry to form a semi-circle. Press edges to seal. If desired, brush with an egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serving suggestion: goes well with soup.
Yield: 8 servings