Mixed Seafood with Herb Caper Dressing
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 4 ounces (1/4 pound) sea scallops
- 4 ounces (1/4 pound) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 TBSP capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 TBSP Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon (2 TBSP)
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1TBSP chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh chives
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- Bibb lettuce
- Heat wine, bay leaves and seafood seasoning in a 2-quart saucepan over high heat until it comes to a boil. Add scallops and shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Strain cooking liquid and discard bay leaves. Allow seafood to cool.
- Combine capers, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, tarragon, chives, parsley and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Add cooled cooking liquid and mix well.
- Toss seafood with dressing. Add crab meat and allow to marinate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled on Bibb lettuce.
Yield: 4 servings