Miniature Ham Turnovers
- 1 package pie dough
- 10 ounces country ham, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chow chow or other sweet relish, drained well
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together ham, chow chow, green onions, peppers, parsley and dry mustard in a medium bowl.
- Cut pie dough into rounds with a 3-inch cookie cutter. Place about 2 teaspoons of ham mixture onto each round. Fold the rounds over forming half moons. Press edges together firmly and seal.
- Whisk together egg and salt and lightly brush over turnovers. Place on baking sheet about an inch apart and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a side dish of extra chow chow for dipping.
Yield: 8 servings